Travel and Visas | Webster University

Travel and Visas


All students must have a valid passport to travel outside the United States. If you have not yet applied for your passport, visit the United States Postal Service website for details.


It is the responsibility of the student to procure the proper visa for studying in Belgium. Students may be required to apply for the visa in person. Please contact the consulate in your jurisdiction to find out how to apply, and what materials are needed for the Belgian student visa.

Information can be obtained by contacting the Belgian Embassy or your regional consulate.

Consulate-General of Belgium in Atlanta

Jurisdiction: Alabama, Arkansas, North-Carolina, South-Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky (Except the counties Campbell and Kenton), Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee

Consulate-General of Belgium in Los Angeles


  • States:Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaï, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming;
  • The American territory from the Samoa Islands
  • The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
  • The Territory of Guam

Consulate-General of Belgium in New York

Jurisdiction: Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North and South Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Wisconsin, Kentucky (Counties of Campbell and Kenton)

Consulate General of Belgium in Washington, D.C.

Jurisdiction: District of Columbia, Delaware, States of Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West-Virginia, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Islands Turks and Caicos, the Commonwealth of the Bahamas


Please note: If you plan to study abroad in a country that requires a student visa, you will be guided through the application process by the OSA staff. While the Office of Study Abroad will assist participants about procedures and requirements, securing a visa is an individual responsibility, and not one that OSA or Webster University can or will assume. Webster University is not legally in a position to give any advice on applying for a visa. If you need further information, please direct your inquiries to the Belgian consulate that serves your region.Visa fees, postage fees and/or travel fees to secure a student visa in person are the responsibility of the student.

If you need assistance with your visa application, you may seek help with a visa services company, typically for an additional fee. NAFSA, Association of International Educators, recommends Perry International located in Chicago.