Mexico Travel Information | Webster University

Mexico Travel Information


All students studying abroad must possess a valid passport from their country of citizenship. If you have not yet applied for your passport, visit the United States Postal Service website for details.


Students are required to procure the proper visa for studying in Mexico, if needed.

Please note: If you plan to study abroad in a country that requires a student visa, you will be guided through the application process by the OSA staff. While the Office of Study Abroad will assist participants about procedures and requirements, securing a visa is an individual responsibility, and not one that OSA or Webster University can or will assume. Webster University is not legally in a position to give any advice on applying for a visa. Information can be obtained by contacting the Mexican Embassy or your regional consulate. Check their web site for more information on visas and residence permits.Visa fees, postage fees and/or travel fees to secure a student visa in person are the responsibility of the student.

Mexican Consulate General of Chicago

Updated Flight Regulations

To obtain the latest information about what can and cannot be brought aboard a plane when traveling internationally, please visit the Transportation Security Administration.