June 20 and 21, 2022
Sustainability Institute for Educators
The Joy of Nature
We are grateful for the technology that has kept us all connected during this time of social distancing and precaution, but it is now time to get outside together to appreciate the joy and experience the healing power of nature. The hands-on, experiential nature of Sustainability Education inspires and motivates us. The 2022 SIE returns to our roots with multiple onsite engagements to spark a renewed exploration of our region’s bountiful and diverse outdoor education opportunities. Join us for a two-day outdoor adventure, connect and reconnect to your sustainability colleagues and resources, and be inspired (maybe even get your hands dirty).
The Sustainability Institute for Educators challenges participants to help learners build awareness, recognize responsibility, and take action as global citizens working to build a sustainable world. Held annually in June, the institute is designed for K-12 and informal educators from all roles and environments.
- Understand the interconnectedness of sustainability issues and the intersection with education
- Recognize local resources that can support curriculum and changes for sustainability
- Collaborate with others to empower sustainably-minded citizens
- Create a community of advocates for sustainable schools, institutions, and communities
- Setting a foundation for adaption and resilience in sustainability education
The cost of the 2-day Institute is $75. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Institute may be taken for 3 hours of graduate credit through Webster University for an additional $585 to register for credit, please contact email@example.com.
The event will take place at four outdoor locations in the St. Louis region. Locations to be announced.
The organizers for the 2021 Sustainability Institute for P12 Educators are offering scholarships for teachers and administrators.
Preference for scholarships will be given, but not limited to:
- Schools with 75% free and reduced lunches
- Schools/Districts sending multiple participants
- Schools participating in the Green Schools Quest
- Participant agreement to attend both days of conference
The Sustainability Institute is hosted by:
|Webster University, School of Education
EarthWays Center of the Missouri Botanical Garden
St. Louis County Public Health Department
|US Green Building Council–Missouri Gateway Chapter
Saint Louis Zoo, Education Division
Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School