Due to complications and uncertainties from the COVID-19 pandemic and to keep all our educators safe, we are offering the Summer 2021 Sustainability Institute for Educators virtually.
June 14 & 15, 2021
Sustainability Institute for Educators
The Interconnectedness of People, Animals, and Plants in our Shared Environment
Recent events have illuminated the need to find solutions to the public health, environmental, and conservation challenges of the 21st century. The One Health Framework takes a collaborative and interdisciplinary approach to finding these solutions. One Health is not new, but it has become more important in recent years. This is because many factors have changed interactions between people, animals, plants, and our environment. Sessions will facilitate ways to incorporate this awareness in all levels of education and instruction.
The Sustainability Institute for Educators challenges participants to help learners build awareness, recognize responsibility, and take action as global citizens working to build a sustainable world. Held annually in June, the institute is designed for K-12 and informal educators from all roles and environments.
- Understand the interconnectedness of sustainability issues and the intersection with education
- Recognize local resources that can support curriculum and changes for sustainability
- Collaborate with others to empower sustainably-minded citizens
- Create a community of advocates for sustainable schools, institutions, and communities
- Setting a foundation for adaption and resilience in sustainability education
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Sharon Deem, DVM, Ph.D., Dipl ACZM, Director, Saint Louis Zoo Institute for Conservation Medicine
The cost of the 2-day Institute is $25. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Institute may be taken for 3 hours of graduate credit through Webster University for an additional $585.00 To register for credit, please contact email@example.com.
The event will take place through Zoom June 14 & 15.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE! The organizers for the 2021 Sustainability Institute for P12 Educators are offering scholarships for teachers and administrators.
Preference for scholarships will be given but not limited to:
- Schools with 75% free and reduced lunches
- Schools/Districts sending multiple participants
- Schools participating in the Green Schools Quest
- Participant agreement to attend both days of conference
The Sustainability Institute is hosted by:
|Webster University, School of Education
EarthWays Center of the Missouri Botanical Garden
St. Louis County Public Health Department
|US Green Building Council–Missouri Gateway Chapter
Saint Louis Zoo, Education Division
Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School