Little Rock Area: 2022 Graduation Process and Commencement Ceremony Information
The information below outlines important deadlines, reminders, forms and other items
pertinent in order to graduate from Webster University and to participate in Little
Rock Area’s commencement ceremony. Please remember that graduating from Webster University,
which is a student completing all of their academic requirements, is different than
participating in the commencement ceremony.
1. Order cap, tassel, gown, and hood by Thursday, April 4, 2022
- Required to participate in the ceremony
- Cap, Gown, and Hood
- The ordering form will ask students to indicate their major (ARTS, BUSINESS, HEALTH
ADMINISTRATION, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, etc.). Please pay very close attention when
you make your selection because this will determine what color your hood is for the
- Color of the hoods:
- MA Master of Arts (HRMG, MNGT, HRDV) — White
- MBA Master of Business Administration — Drab
- MHA Master of Health Administration — Salmon
- MPA Master of Public Administration — Peacock Blue
- The traditional commencement ceremony attire (cap, tassel, gown, and hood) or a military
uniform must be worn to participate in the ceremony.
- Josten's states that the ordering deadline is April 4, 2022, and it usually ships within 5 weeks. Please contact Josten's at 1-800-854-7464 if you have any questions.
2. Submit Little Rock Area Commencement Participation Form (PDF) by Thursday, April
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal for all graduates will be from 6–8 p.m., Friday, June 3, 2022.
- Only students who completed, or are scheduled to complete, all of their academic requirements
by the Spring 2 2022 term will have their name printed in the 2022 Little Rock Area
Commencement Ceremony program.
- Students scheduled to complete all of their academic requirements in the Summer 2022
term will have their name printed in the 2023 Little Rock Area Commencement Ceremony
program but will fully participate in the 2022 ceremony (your name is read and can
walk across the stage, participates in the class photo, etc.)
Commencement Ceremony Attire and Dress Code
The traditional commencement ceremony attire (cap, gown, hood, etc.) or a military
uniform is required for the commencement ceremony. Shoes should be black, or an extremely
dark gray, and we strongly discourage from wearing “strappy” or open-toed shoes. Ladies
should wear black skirts or dresses underneath regalia.
Gentlemen should wear black or navy trousers. Students who do not wear the commencement
ceremony attire or adhere to the dress code will not participate in the ceremony or
the class photo.
Graduating From Webster
- Schedule an Exit Interview with Academic Advisor
- Please call either campus to schedule an appointment with the Academic Advisor.
- Submit a Petition to Graduate
- Submit a petition to graduate form after meeting with the academic advisor.
Graduating With Honors
A student who completes a graduate degree (including all required, elective, prerequisite,
and transfer courses) while maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.95 receives Graduate Academic
Honors. Sequential degrees are not eligible for graduate academic honors.
Clear Business Office Accounts
Students who have completed all of their academic requirements to graduate must clear
their Student Business Office account balance prior to diploma and transcript release.
Credit card payments are subject to a 2.75% convenience fee. Check payments have a
holding period of ten days before the release of transcripts. For more information,
call the Business Office at 1-800-981-9803.
Receiving Diploma and Official Transcript
The student’s diploma is mailed to the address indicated on their petition to graduate
approximately 10-12 weeks after they completed all their academic requirements.
An official transcript is issued through the Office of the Registrar and is only issued
if the student's account is paid in full. A diploma or an official transcript is not
released if the student has a balance of the student account.
Little Rock Area Commencement Ceremony
General Ceremony Information:
2 p.m., Saturday, June 4, 2022
823 W 6th St.
Little Rock, AR 72201
Commencement speaker: Tracy Steele
- Noon Check in student room (signs will be posted)
(Graduates must check in by noon)
- 1 p.m. Graduate photograph
- 1:30 p.m. Processional of degree candidates
- 2 p.m. Ceremony begins
How to Wear Your Academic Regalia