Webster's Master of Business Administration (MBA) program gives students the business skills they need to develop and implement value creating ideas and solutions. It's designed for professionals who want to shape their own career, upgrade credentials, and be strategic players in the world of business.
Regardless of what you want out of your MBA, you can count on getting a flexible schedule that fits your lifestyle, small classes, personal attention, and a real-world approach. Choose between two convenient formats: A hybrid "flipped classroom" which combines online content with two hours per week of in-class learning or fully online coursework.
In the "flipped classroom" option, course content is provided online prior to class meetings. This allows class time to be reduced to two hours per week, and students have more time to focus on collaborative assignments and hands-on activities. This model reinforces the skills needed for success in today's economy, while also providing increased flexibility for students' busy lives.
Master in Business Administration Degree Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Dual Degree Master of Business Administration and Master of Health Administration (MBA/MHA)
- Accreditations for the George Herbert Walker School of Business and Technology
- George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology
- Graduate Catalog
More About Webster's Master of Business Administration Program
- A focus on creating value in an ESG (Environmental, social, governance) framework consistent with modern business practice.
- A competency based program that builds your skills in 18 business and 9 Personal Effectiveness areas.
- A "flipped classroom" option with two hours of in-class experiential learning each week.
- Gain international perspective by working with students from across the Webster network.
- Specialize with 10 areas of emphasis, and 12 dual-degree options.
- Annual flat-rate textbook fee for all MBA designated courses.
Value Creation: Curriculum With A Clear Focus
Successful business organizations identify and efficiently manage activities with the potential to generate the greatest possible value for owners, customers, and other stakeholders. The Walker MBA curriculum has been developed with an eye toward how the functional areas of business, such as marketing, finance, data systems, and human resources work together to generate value creation. This broad perspective provides Walker MBA graduates a competitive advantage in today's socially conscious economy.
VALUE CREATION FOUNDATION (9-12 HOURS)
- BUSN 5000 Business*
- MBA 5010 Value Creation
- MBA 5020 Quantitative Methods for the MBA
- MBA 5030 Market Analysis and Business Planning
VALUE CREATION COMPONENTS (15 HOURS)
- MBA 5100 Adding Value through Human Capital
- MBA 5200 The Financial Value of Capital Projects
- MBA 5300 Providing Value to Customers
- MBA 5400 The Supply Chain and Business Processes
- MBA 5500 Information Support for Decision Making
VALUE CREATION IN PRACTICE (6 HOURS)
- MBA 5910 Cases in Value Creation
- MBA 5920 Walker Consulting Project: Adding Value to Organizations
- Electives (3- 6 hours)
*Students with a previous ACBSP (or equivalent) accredited degree or students who pass a waiver exam may substitute an elective for BUSN 5000.
The Walker MBA curriculum has been developed from the ground up to focus on those essential competencies needed for success in today's marketplace. In addition to a set of carefully selected overall business competencies, the program also includes personal effectiveness competencies required for personal success.
Core Business Competencies
IDENTIFY AND EVALUATE OPPORTUNITIES
FOR VALUE CREATION
- Value Creation
- Market Analysis
- Pro Forma Analysis
- Capital Budgeting
- Quantitative Analysis
DEVELOP AN IMPLEMENTATION PLAN
- Project Management
- Distribution and Pricing
- Product and Promotion
- Customer Relations
MANAGE BUSINESS PROCESSES
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Process Analysis
- Developing and Managing Teams
- Developing and Managing Workers
PROVIDE DECISION SUPPORT
- Information Infrastructure
- Database Management
- Data Analytics
- Managerial Accounting
Personal Effectiveness Competencies
- Effective Communication
- Collaborative Work
- Efficient Organization of Work
- Independent Learning
- Creative Problem Solving
- Systematic Thinking
- Analytical Decision Making
- Probabilistic Thinking
- Spreadsheet Analysis
Choose a standard Webster MBA or specialize with an emphasis in:
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Finance
- Digital Marketing Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Health Administration
- Information Technology Management
- International Business
- Project Management*
Want to dive further into a discipline? The MBA Dual Degree option combine the MBA curriculum with a core set of coursework in a variety of disciplines. Choose from the following:*
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Arts in Business and Organizational Security Management
- Master of Arts in Human Resources Development
- Master of Arts in Human Resources Management
- Master of Arts in International Relations
- Master of Arts in Management & Leadership
- Master of Arts in Media Communications
- Master of Arts in Procurement & Acquisitions Management
- Master of Science in Environmental Management
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Marketing
- Master of Science Management & Leadership
* Not all areas of emphasis or dual degree programs are offered at every Webster University location. Please check with your campus for details.
Class time throughout the program will be devoted to case studies and other real-world applications. Your final capstone course, MBA 5920 Walker Consulting Project, offers an opportunity to put your skills and competencies into practice. You and a team from across Webster's international network will work directly with an organization's representatives to identify opportunities, address challenges and create value-added solutions.
A Webster MBA is an excellent investment in your future. According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). The average salary for MBA graduates is $79,043. Whether you want to grow in your current organization or transition to something new, you'll be prepared for your next step. With Webster's MBA, you'll combine a carefully selected set of business competencies, with personal effectiveness competencies to help you create value within your organization and achieve your professional goals.
Webster University is focused on helping our students earn their masters degrees and advance their careers. What they are saying about us is more important than what we say about ourselves. Watch and listen to one of our successful MBA students.
Become a Gorlok
Whether you’re seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree, we'll help you achieve academic excellence preparing you for future career successes. The first step is to fill out our application.
Learn more about our accreditation, which applies to all of our campuses, regionally and beyond.
Find out how we support the more than 50% of undergraduates who transfer into our community.