Advance your business skills to develop and implement value-creating ideas and solutions in today's worldwide economy. The innovative MBA program at Webster University is designed for professionals who want to shape their own career, upgrade credentials, and be strategic players in the world of business.
Personalize Your Learning Experience
Flexible schedules are designed to fit your lifestyle, with small classes, personal attention, and a real-world approach. Choose between two convenient formats: a hybrid "flipped classroom" that combines online content with two hours per week of in-class learning or fully online coursework.
In the "flipped classroom" option, course content is provided online prior to class meetings. This allows class time to be reduced to two hours per week, and students have more time to focus on collaborative assignments and hands-on activities. This model reinforces the skills needed for success in today's economy, while also providing increased flexibility for students' busy lives.
Shape Your Career
Walker Global Hybrid courses provide students with a unique international experience through a focused online course plus a one-week international trip to locations such as Brazil, China and Greece.
MBA Student Spotlight: Monika Osby
More About Webster's Master of Business Administration Program
- A focus on creating value in an ESG (environmental, social, governance) framework consistent with modern business practice.
- A competency-based program that builds your skills in 18 business and nine personal effectiveness areas.
- A "flipped classroom" option with two hours of in-class experiential learning each week.
- Gain international perspective by working with students from across the Webster network.
- Specialize with 10 areas of emphasis, and 12 dual-degree options.
- Annual flat-rate textbook fee for all MBA designated courses.
Value Creation: Curriculum With A Clear Focus
Successful business organizations identify and efficiently manage activities with the potential to generate the greatest possible value for owners, customers, and other stakeholders. The Walker MBA curriculum has been developed with an eye toward how the functional areas of business, such as marketing, finance, data systems, and human resources work together to generate value creation. This broad perspective provides Walker MBA graduates a competitive advantage in today's socially conscious economy.
VALUE CREATION FOUNDATION (9-12 HOURS)
- BUSN 5000 Business*
- MBA 5010 Value Creation
- MBA 5020 Quantitative Methods for the MBA
- MBA 5030 Market Analysis and Business Planning
VALUE CREATION COMPONENTS (15 HOURS)
- MBA 5100 Adding Value through Human Capital
- MBA 5200 The Financial Value of Capital Projects
- MBA 5300 Providing Value to Customers
- MBA 5400 The Supply Chain and Business Processes
- MBA 5500 Information Support for Decision Making
VALUE CREATION IN PRACTICE (6 HOURS)
- MBA 5910 Cases in Value Creation
- MBA 5920 Walker Consulting Project: Adding Value to Organizations
- Electives (3- 6 hours)
*Students with a previous ACBSP-accredited degree (or equivalent) who pass a waiver exam may substitute an elective for BUSN 5000.
The Walker MBA curriculum has been developed from the ground up to focus on those essential competencies needed for success in today's marketplace. In addition to a set of carefully selected overall business competencies, the program also includes personal effectiveness competencies required for personal success.
Core Business Competencies
IDENTIFY AND EVALUATE OPPORTUNITIES
FOR VALUE CREATION
- Value Creation
- Market Analysis
- Pro Forma Analysis
- Capital Budgeting
- Quantitative Analysis
DEVELOP AN IMPLEMENTATION PLAN
- Project Management
- Distribution and Pricing
- Product and Promotion
- Customer Relations
MANAGE BUSINESS PROCESSES
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Process Analysis
- Developing and Managing Teams
- Developing and Managing Workers
PROVIDE DECISION SUPPORT
- Information Infrastructure
- Database Management
- Data Analytics
- Managerial Accounting
Personal Effectiveness Competencies
- Effective Communication
- Collaborative Work
- Efficient Organization of Work
- Independent Learning
- Creative Problem Solving
- Systematic Thinking
- Analytical Decision Making
- Probabilistic Thinking
- Spreadsheet Analysis
Choose a standard Webster MBA or specialize with an emphasis in:
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Finance
- Digital Marketing Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Health Administration
- Information Technology Management
- International Business
- Project Management*
Want to dive further into a discipline? The MBA dual-degree option combines the MBA curriculum with a core set of coursework in a variety of disciplines. Choose from the following:*
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Arts in Business and Organizational Security Management
- Master of Arts in Human Resources Development
- Master of Arts in Human Resources Management
- Master of Arts in International Relations
- Master of Arts in Management & Leadership
- Master of Arts in Media Communications
- Master of Arts in Procurement & Acquisitions Management
- Master of Science in Environmental Management
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Marketing
- Master of Science Management & Leadership
* Not all areas of emphasis or dual-degree programs are offered at every Webster University location. Check with your campus for details.
The Walker School of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Webster's MBA combines carefully selected business and personal effectiveness competencies to create value within your organization.
Gain the skills needed to develop and implement value-creating ideas and solutions to help further your career.
Email us to Find Out More about getting started on your MBA program now!
Join Us at Webster
While pursuing your MBA degree, we'll help you achieve academic excellence preparing you for future career successes. The first step is to fill out our application.
Highlights from the Walker School
Public Relations Students Work to Help At Risk Students Start Careers
May 18, 2022
In the News: Commencement, Woolf, Hall, Ellison, Belo, Steenz and Meadows
May 18, 2022
A round up of significant mentions of Webster University or quotes from faculty and staff in news stories.
Geneva Holds Annual Commencement
May 18, 2022