If a student is requesting to live with a parent who is permanently relocating inside the 35 mile radius:
- Proof of permanent relocation must be submitted. At least two (2) of the following
items must be submitted showing the relocation address:
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- Any other document that would verify permanent address.
- Do not submit proof of purchase of property of lease/rental agreement as this does not provide proof of relocation. University records must show the parental address as being within 35 miles from campus.
If a student is requesting to live with a relative within 35 miles from campus:
- Only requests to live with parent or legal guardian will be considered.
- A letter of verification from the parent must be provided, giving the name, address, and telephone number where the student will be living. The parental letter must be notarized before submitted to the Housing & Residential Life Office.
- Any requests to live with a sibling, relative, friend, or friend's family will not be considered.
If a student is requesting an exemption due to medical reasons:
- The student must submit a notarized personal letter detailing their medical request
- The student must work with the Reeg Academic Resource Center detailing the reasoning for the student to be exempted from the live-on requirement. Additional documentation/consultation with the ADA Coordinator may be required.
If a student is requesting an exemption based on martial status/civil union:
- The Student must provide a copy of the marriage certificate/civil union license recorded with the county clerk's office.