West Hall was opened in Fall 2006, and it provides an air-conditioned, on-campus housing option for students. West Hall is reserved for freshmen and includes shared two-bedroom, one-bath suites. This residence hall includes a laundry room, a pool table room, a classroom and a multipurpose room on the ground floor, along with social lounges, study lounges and kitchenettes on each floor.
West Hall Information
Explore West Hall through this Virtual Walk-Through Tour.
- Heating and air conditioning with individual suite controls
- High-speed wireless internet
- Free 24-hour, on-site laundry
- Mailboxes in West Hall
- Social lounges with television on each floor
- Activity Wing with pool table, classroom, multipurpose room and community kitchen
- Kitchenette with community fridge, sink and microwave on each floor
- Study rooms on each floor
All West Hall residents are provided with a fully furnished shared room. Each resident has the following:
- Desk (30" x 48" x 24", with one lock-ready drawer)
- Desk Carrel (limited availability, 27" x 48" x 9.5")
- Desk Chair
- Junior Loft Bed* (up to 31" under bed clearance) with Twin XL mattress (38" x 80")
- Dresser (30" x 30" x 24" with three drawers)
*Full Loft Bed kits available for additional cost.
Download Printable Packing List (PDF opens in new tab)
West Hall Suggested Packing List
Talk to your suitemates before you pack bathroom items, to make sure you don’t bring multiples of everything!
*Please note that we do allow items to be hung on the walls, but students will be charged for excessive wall/paint damages. Use small finishing nails or thumbtacks, no more than 10 holes per wall. Painter’s tape is recommended for hanging items. We do not recommend utilizing Command hooks/strips due to the possibility of tearing paint during removal. Students choosing to use Command hooks/strips do so knowing damage charges may result at removal.
What NOT to Bring
- Anything with an exposed or open heating element (toaster, hot plate, etc.)
- Curtains or window coverings (blinds are provided)
- Flushable wipes (clog plumbing; if bringing, please dispose in trash)
- Pets that can survive out of water (exceptions for approved service animals)
- Tide pods (clog detergent dispenser in washers)
- Tapestries, lights, etc. to drape across the ceiling – no items may cover the smoke detector on the ceiling
|Bedroom||13'6" x 10'10"|
|Hallway||9' x 3'9"|
|Closet||8' x 4' x 2'|
|Bedroom Window||6'6" x 3'6"|
All freshmen enrolled at the St. Louis campus are required to live on campus for their first two years at Webster University.
All students living in the residence halls (West, East and Maria halls) and all first-time freshmen living on campus are required to have a meal plan for the full academic year.
Parking permits are required for all Webster University parking lots and the Garden Park Plaza garage. Parking permits define where vehicles, including bicycles must be parked or stored. Options for West Hall residents include a Purple Residence Hall Permit, Motorcycle Permit and a Bicycle/Scooter Permit.
About West Hall
|Mailing Address:||West Hall, (Room Number), 240 Edgar Road, St. Louis, MO 63119|
The West Hall Front Desk is open after the office closes during the week, and 24 hours on the weekend to ensure the safety and security of the building. When the desk is open, residents must show their student ID to the desk attendant to confirm they live in the building. Residents can also visit the front desk to:
|Room Types:||Double; accessible rooms available.|
|Bathrooms:||Semi-private; suite residents share a bathroom.|
|Dining:||All students living in the residence halls (West, East and Maria halls) and all first-time freshmen living on campus are required to have a meal plan for the full academic year. West Hall is a quick 7-minute walk to Marletto's, the main dining hall on campus.|
|Parking:||Students who live in the residence halls park in the Garden Park Plaza or Lot M with a purchased permit.|
|Population:||Up to 234 residents in shared two-bedroom, one-bath suites over four floors. All suites are single gender, but floors are co-ed. Webster supports inclusive housing.|
|Special Hours:||West Hall is closed during winter break. If you are a resident in the residence halls and need housing during winter break, please contact email@example.com.|
|Security:||The West Hall main desk is staff during the week after the office is closed, and 24 hours on the weekend to support the safety and security of the building. During this time, students must also show their ID to desk assistants and check in any guests.|
Housing Office in West Hall
West Hall includes the Housing Office, which is the central hub of the Housing and Residential Life Department. Students can visit the Housing Office to:
- Meet with a professional staff member.
- Pick up a package.
- Get a question answered in person.
- Check out a guest when the desk is closed.
- Check out pool table equipment.
- Check out the key to the West Hall Community Kitchen.
- Get a free roll of toilet paper.
- Manage Meal Plan or Gorlok Bucks.
Hours During Academic Year, in Session
Mon.-Fri.: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Extended Package Pick-up Hours
Mon.-Fri.: 5-7 p.m.
Sat.: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Contact Housing Office
Activity Wing in West Hall
The Game Lounge
The game lounge is one of the community social areas in West Hall. Students can play pool with friends, watch tv or movies, or use the free board-game library for games and puzzles.
The Multipurpose Room
This room can be utilized for a number of events and purposes throughout the year. If students would like to utilize this space, they may submit a reservation request through the Housing Office.
This room is a fully equipped classroom space utilized for a number of academic classes throughout the semester. If West Hall residents are lucky enough to have class in this classroom, labeled WES on their class schedule, they can go straight from their bedroom to their classroom without leaving the building!
The Community Kitchen
This is a full kitchen available for any residential student to cook in from 9 a.m. to midnight, daily. The Community Kitchen is equipped with a full-sized stove, refrigerator, sink, dishwasher and limited cooking utensils and supplies. Students are responsible for cleaning up after themselves. The key can be picked up in the Housing Office or at the West desk.