Maria Hall underwent a $4 million renovation in 2008, providing an air-conditioned, on-campus housing option for incoming freshmen and freshmen transfer students. Maria Hall is a traditional residence hall that features suite-style rooms, common area lounges, kitchenettes and laundry facilities. The residence hall is linked to Webster Hall, providing easy access to many classrooms. In addition, student dining is available at Marletto's Marketplace, located on the first floor of Maria Hall.
Maria Hall Information
Explore Maria Hall through this Virtual Walk-Through Tour.
- Heating and air conditioning with individual suite controls
- High-speed wireless internet
- Free 24-hour, on-site laundry
- Mailboxes in Maria Hall
- Social lounges with television on each floor
- Kitchenette with community fridge, sink and microwave
- Study rooms on each floor
All Maria Hall residents are provided with a fully furnished shared room. Each resident has the following:
- Desk (30" x 48" x 24", with one lock-ready drawer)
- Desk Carrel (limited availability, 27" x 48" x 9.5")
- Desk Chair
- Junior Loft Bed* (up to 31" under bed clearance) with Twin XL mattress (38" x 80")
- Dresser (30" x 30" x 24" with three drawers)
- Wardrobe (72" x 36" x 24" with shelves, bar, hooks)
*Full Loft Bed kits available for additional cost.
Maria Hall Suggested Packing List
Talk to your suitemates before you pack bathroom items, to make sure you don’t bring multiples of everything!
*Please note that we do allow items to be hung on the walls, but students will be charged for excessive wall/paint damages. Use small finishing nails or thumbtacks, no more than 10 holes per wall. Painter’s tape is recommended for hanging items. We do not recommend utilizing Command hooks/strips due to the possibility of tearing paint during removal. Students choosing to use Command hooks/strips do so knowing damage charges may result at removal.
What NOT to Bring
- Anything with an exposed or open heating element (toaster, hot plate, etc.)
- Curtains or window coverings (blinds are provided)
- Flushable wipes (clog plumbing; if bringing, please dispose in trash)
- Pets that can survive out of water (exceptions for approved service animals)
- Tide pods (clog detergent dispenser in washers)
- Tapestries, lights, etc. to drape across the ceiling – no items may cover the smoke detector on the ceiling
|Bedroom||14'7" x 11'8"|
|Hallway||5'6" x 6'0"|
|Bedroom Window||4'3.5" x 3'2"|
All freshmen enrolled at the St. Louis campus are required to live on campus for their first two years at Webster University.
All students living in the residence halls (West, East and Maria halls) and all first-time freshmen living on campus are required to have a meal plan for the full academic year.
Parking permits are required for all Webster University parking lots and the Garden Park Plaza garage. Parking permits define where vehicles, including bicycles must be parked or stored. Options for Maria Hall residents include a Purple Residence Hall Permit, Motorcycle Permit and a Bicycle/Scooter Permit.
About Maria Hall
|Mailing Address:||Maria Hall, (Room Number), 240 Edgar Road, St. Louis, MO 63119|
The Maria Hall desk is staffed after business hours and on weekends. When the desk is open, students must show their ID to the desk assistant to confirm they live in the building. Residents can also visit the front desk to:
|Room Types:||Double; accessible rooms available.|
|Bathrooms:||Semi-private; suite residents share a bathroom.|
|Dining:||All students living in the residence halls (West, East and Maria halls) and all first-time freshmen living on campus are required to have a meal plan for the full academic year. Maria Hall is steps away from the central dining hall on campus, Marletto's.|
|Parking:||Students who live in the residence halls park in the Garden Park Plaza or Lot M with a purchased permit.|
|Population:||Up to 108 residents in shared two-bedroom, one-bath suites over four floors. All suites are single gender, but floors are co-ed. Webster supports inclusive housing.|
|Special Hours:||Maria Hall is closed during winter break. If you are a resident in the residence halls and need housing during winter break, please contact email@example.com.|
|Security:||The main doors to Maria Hall are locked 24 hours a day. Only Maria Hall residents can access the residence hall by pressing their student ID against the touchpad by the doors. The Maria Hall desk is staffed after hours and on weekends, and students need to also show their ID to staff at the desk for an additional layer of security and support.|