Students in the Bachelor of Arts in Media Production will develop multimedia production skills through project-based instruction and produce engaging content for commercial, personal, and/or artistic applications. This degree, which can be completed in person or completely online, is designed to teach students how to thrive and adapt in a changing, multimodal media environment and to give them a variety of production skills necessary to communicate with impact. It is an excellent path for students who plan to work independently and/or want to be proficient in a variety of media production techniques.
“With my Webster degree, I hope to integrate forward thinking and challenge existing perspectives through intersectional design.”
BA in Interactive Digital Media, '22
Broaden Your Knowledge of Media Production
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic proficiency with different forms of digital media.
- Demonstrate special proficiency with at least one special area in media production.
- Build a successful online presence with a unique aesthetic.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the modern media production environment.
BA in Media Production
Find out more about the overall curriculum, electives, learning outcomes and more.
- Jobs for film and video editors and camera operators are predicted to increase by 29% through 2030. As of May 2021, the median annual wage for camera operators for television, video and film was $49,230 and for film and video editors was $62,680 (U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics).
- Jobs for public relations specialists are predicted to increase 11% through 2030. As of May 2021, the median annual wage for public relations specialists was $62,800 (U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics).
Spotlight on Emerging Technology in Media Production
Webster University's state-of-the art virtual cinema system and newly renovated facilities housed at the School of Communications were recently featured on Channel 9 PBS's "Living St. Louis." The new facilities put Webster at the forefront of new media production methods, ensuring Webster's success into the next century of cinema creation.
Get Started on Your Program
Take the next step toward earning your degree. We are here to help.