The Webster University School of Communications Center for Portfolio Development and Internships helps prepare students to successfully launch careers in their chosen fields of study by providing assistance with developing portfolios and securing internships.
Explore Our State-of-the-Art Facilities and Equipment
The School of Communications complex houses a state-of-the-art media production and education facility, meeting industry standards, and including unique, first-in-the-region technologies and capabilities. Studio facilities include an audio and video production/recording suite, sound stage, workshop space, photography studio, gallery, animation, game design, and video post-production labs as well as flexible teaching spaces.
The Center at a Glance
Through professional, one-on-one attention and coaching, the Center for Portfolio Development and Internships promotes comprehensive, experiential learning and works to develop and build supportive, hands-on intern relationships.
Students from all 16 School of Communications majors and our host organizations (which span not only the St. Louis metropolitan area, but nationally and globally as well) forge long-lasting, far-reaching connections. These connections mutually benefit our students, host organizations and alumni.
What We Do — In a Flash
- Meet with students to discuss career options.
- Provide advice, tips, and suggestions to students regarding application materials.
- Assist in the development of online portfolios.
- Engage with students during seminars, classes and workshops.
- Welcome and foster new intern partnerships.
- Build, grow, and maintain a comprehensive database of internship partner organizations.
- Match students with organizations seeking interns.
- Conduct site visits with partnering organizations.
- Host two annual networking events: Internship Expo and OPPORTUNITIES.
Students need and want internships; organizations need and want interns. That's where we come in.
Acting Assistant Secretary for Global Public Affairs Elizabeth Kennedy Trudeau Visits Webster University
February 1, 2023
In the News: Sverdrup Renovation, Hall, Cooper, Smith, Williams and Roberts
January 26, 2023
Celebrating 10 Years of Webster Suggs Scholars: Josh Tyler
January 11, 2023